7th Annual Wheels for Meals Ride
We appreciate your support and generous contributions.
Please send your checks or cash to P.O. Box 14002, Oakland, CA 94614 or make a donation online here (copy & paste link: https://www.givedirect.org/donate/?cid=103). Please note the rider's name, if applicable, in the check memo or comments section on the online form.
Contact our office at 510.777.9560 if you have any questions.
As many of you know this is a one-of-a-kind fundraiser that offers something for everyone.
There are three routes to choose from:
- 15 mile course is fun and family-friendly; great for kids. Begins at 9:00 am.
- 35 mile course is moderate and exciting; great for intermediate cyclists. Begins at 8:00 am.
- 70 mile course is adventuresome and challenging with steep climbs and fast descents; perfect for experienced cyclists. Begins at 7:00 am.
The post-ride celebration begins at 11:00 am and includes a delicious BBQ lunch, live entertainment, and family-friendly activities.
All of our routes are fully supported with SAG vehicles, well-stocked rest stops, route markings, and cue sheets. All riders are treated to an excellent post-ride BBQ with entertainment, booth exposition, and refreshments.
Meals on Wheels of Alameda County supports the preparation and delivery of over 2,200 meals to homebound seniors every week day throughout the county. The Wheels for Meals Ride raises funds through registration and rider solicited fundraising. We offer fundraising incentives and a grand prize for the rider or volunteer who raises the most.
2016 Wheels for Meals Ride Event T-Shirt
Order yours today!
$180,000 Goal = 22,500 Meals
By participating in the Wheels for Meals Ride you will directly help us achieve our goal of raising $180,000, which translates into 22,500 meals. More than 2,200 homebound seniors depend on us for nutritious meals and wellness checks that they would not otherwise receive. Sign up today to be a rider and fundraising hero for your chance to win 2 roundtrip JetBlue tickets.
Sponsoring the 7th Annual Wheels for Meals Ride affords your company the following opportunities:
- Reach a wide audience at this family-friendly event for all ages
- Increase your brand loyalty and be associated with a very strong non-profit brand
- Publicity and focused opportunities with every level
- Long-term exposure with logos on event t-shirt, which is often kept as a collectors item
- Fulfull company's social responsbility goals and boost your philanthropic profile
More information is available at www.feedingseniors.org or contact our office at 510.777.9560. The sponsorship packet may also be downloaded by clicking on the following link: SPONSORSHIP PACKET or click on "Participate as Individual" above to sponsor.
Sign up for one or more of the following roles by clicking here.
- GREETER: Be the first smiling face that riders see in the morning. Welcome and direct riders to the check-in booth.
- RIDER CHECK-IN: Check-in is staggered by route throughout the morning. Ideal for a friendly, customer service-oriented, and charismatic individual who can problem solve quickly and efficiently.
- VENDOR CHECK-IN: Vendors will come to you first to inquire about their booth location.
- SPECIAL CASES REPRESENTATIVE: Assist participants with any check-in issues that may arise.
- EARLY MORNING EVENT SETUP: We need your help bright and early to help unload the truck and setup our check-in and breakfast areas. Ideal for early risers who are willing and able to lift, carry and haul supplies.
- BREAKFAST CREW: Help serve a hearty breakfast to the awesome riders.
- POST-RIDE CELEBRATION SETUP: We need your help setting up tents, tables, chairs, etc. for the post-ride celebration. Be prepared to lift and carry items for setup.
- LUNCH CREW: Help serve famished riders upon finishing their ride by assisting with the setup of buffet lines and serving of food to the amazing riders. Ideal for those who are friendly, customer service-oriented and upbeat.
- CHEER SQUAD: Motivate and cheer on the riders as they ride along the routes and cross the finish line. Wave signs, ring cow bells, and hoot and holler to let riders know how appreciated they are and of course, to keep going. Ideal for youth and groups (i.e. community groups, high school and college clubs) and people with limited mobility who would like to bring lawn chairs to sit along a route or at the Shadow Cliffs Regional Park.
- SAG: Skilled volunteers needed. Patrol the route to communicate any medical situations, help cyclists with bike issues, or give them a lift back to the park/rest stop, etc.). Cycling/bike repair knowledge is preferable, but not required. Volunteers must have their own car with a bike rack. Vehicle gas will be reimbursed upon request.
- PHOTOGRAPHER: Photograph riders in action, families, booth vendors, lunch crew, and volunteers.
- WFMR STORE REPRESENTATIVE: Assist riders and their families in purchasing WFMR items to commemorate the 2016 ride.
- WFMR PRIZE INCENTIVE REPRESENTATIVE: Assist riders in obtaining their incentive prizes.
- ROUTE ASSISTANT: You will be assigned to a specific intersection to direct riders and act as a safety monitor and be part of the cheer squad. Great for pairs due to frequent isolation.
- REST STOP CREW (times will vary): Riders look forward to the fun-themed rest stops where they can rehydrate, grab snacks and words of encouragement from you. Oh yes, and a bathroom break too. Ideal for those who are friendly, customer service-oriented, energetic, and upbeat.
- CERTIFIED MASSAGE THERAPISTS: CMTs or students are invited to practice their craft. Feel free to bring a tip jar and promote your business.
- CLEAN-UP CREW: Help us break down tents, tables and clean-up so we can leave the park just as we found it.
- HAM RADIO OPERATOR: Skilled volunteer ham radio operators needed.
- FLOATERS: Be the go-to person for WFMR staff.
- DIRECTIONAL SIGNAGE AND ROUTE ARROWS: Help us display a-frame signs and place route arrows along the ride. *MUST BE AVAILABLE ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28 AT 4:00 PM*